* Welcome

Hello and welcome to Seiryuu!

Seiryuu is an RPG resource, directory and discussion forum focused on coding and development for RPGs running on SimpleMachines Forum software.  Our directory is not limited (please feel free to link anything you'd like!), but if you're looking for fancy skins and RP-specific mods for SMF, this is the place for you.

Books?!

Everyone loves books!

• Prolific Member
  • (monster doctor)
  • Huh? What?
  • 127 posts
Re: Books?!
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 04:01:08 am »
I just finished the first of the Night Angel trilogy and I still haven't decided how I feel about it.  ...Also I hated all the characters, which is never a good thing.  XD

Hey at least you finished it! If I were on a book I didn't like I don't think I'd have the nerve to see it to the end!

I'm reading Van Loon's Lives: Being a true and faithful account of a number of highly interesting meetings with certain historical personages, from Confucius and Plato to Voltaire and Thomas Jefferson, about whom we had always felt a great deal of curiosity and who came to us as our dinner guests in a bygone year, it's really quite fascinating, and superbly written!! Hard to find though, my copy was given to me by a friend and it's really old and beaten up. The fragile pages make my heart race!

• Chronicles of Thedas

• Talkative Member
  • Dragon Age Fangirl!
  • 34 posts
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2011, 07:00:58 am »
I just finished "A Dance with Dragons" and am starting the first Temeraire book this weekend. :)

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 02:19:25 pm »
Ive read teh Vampire Academy series, as well as house of night. I'm currently going to get the new house of night one and the VA one this weekend. I just finished WEREWORLD by curtis jopling. It's pretty good.

• Hitpoints.org

• Prolific Member
  • Roleplay Addict
  • Stand up, fight back the world it's yours
  • 175 posts
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2012, 12:35:42 pm »
I'm starting a book called Legion of Bats. It's probably not as cool as it is in my head...

• Administrator
  • corsec sniper
  • for srs!
  • 763 posts
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 12:12:54 pm »
I bet you're right, and I would be afraid to read a book called Legion of Bats JUST IN CASE it didn't live up to my expectations.  XD

Based on approximately eleventy million recommendations, I picked up Jim C. Hines's The Stepsister Scheme this weekend.  I'm a total sucker for fairy tale rewrites, so I'm really looking forward to it.

• Hitpoints.org

• Prolific Member
  • Roleplay Addict
  • 175 posts
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 12:48:10 am »
Me, too! One of my favorites was Ella Enchanted and Beauty. I read one recently called Abandon. It was a reworking of the Persephone and Hades story. Of course, if you don't like Meg Cabot, might not be your thing. I found it okay. Not excellent, but not too terribad.

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:24 am »
I just finished the Mark of Athena and have to say I was a little disappointed with it for a ton of small reasons but overall liked the book and it fits in the series.

Now reading Malestrom by Neff and it is EPIC thus far.

Yes, I read lots of kids books.

• Hitpoints.org

• Prolific Member
  • Roleplay Addict
  • 175 posts
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 05:50:19 am »
I'm slowly slogging through A Feast For Crows after finally finishing A Storm of Swords. I've never been very good with adult-oriented fantasy novels. They focus too much on politics and too little on wonder. Martin's books are even worse than some because they're so terribly depressing and dreary (and this is coming from somebody who likes some good angst). I also am a very fast reader... but only when I enjoy the book. A Feast For Crows is my potty book... Hence why it takes me so very long. xD

But enough of my rant. I just grabbed The Magician Trilogy by Jenny Nimmo. I'm pretty optimistic since I do tend to like British female authors. Diana Wynne Jones is still my favorite author to this day.

Tags: books  reading 

* Plugboard

* Links and Affiliates

Distant Fantasies Total Drama Website - The Best Role-Play Sites