* Welcome

Hello and welcome to Seiryuu!

Seiryuu is an RPG resource, directory and discussion forum focused on coding and development for RPGs running on SimpleMachines Forum software.  Our directory is not limited (please feel free to link anything you'd like!), but if you're looking for fancy skins and RP-specific mods for SMF, this is the place for you.

Open Threads

• Hitpoints.org

• Prolific Member
  • Roleplay Addict
  • Stand up, fight back the world it's yours
  • 175 posts
Open Threads
« on: August 15, 2014, 02:14:34 pm »
So! What do you think of open threads? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Do you start them or are you the one who jumps into them?

I try to start a new open thread at least once a month to mix things up. However, since I'm the sole staffer on my forum, I end up having to join the open threads that end up ignored by other members (so this cuts down on the number of open threads I might make otherwise.)

I hate meet/greets, so when I do jump in, I try to make things interesting. The latest one I joined in, the character was waiting on somebody to show up with some drugs, so I made my guy the one who was bringing them.

• Before the Mast

• Prolific Member
  • A seadog looking for crewmates
  • 176 posts
Re: Open Threads
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:11:22 am »
I do join others' open threads, but I don't believe in random threads. I believe in collective threads (ie open for a whole group) more than the classical open threads. Ie they are open for wide participation, but they aren't random, they have a plot purpose.

||Tumblr|| Pinterest|| Facebook||Youtube||
Recommending:

Re: Open Threads
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:22 pm »
They're good, I think if you're new to a board and have no one to rp with, or if you have a story idea that you want to do and is open to most characters, and perhaps a good ice breaker to introduce your writing. Using them as a meet and greet? Maybe, but it's better to have some kind of idea in mind so that they don't go stale. (I've got fed up of food related ones because they're done over and over.)

Tags:

* Plugboard

* Links and Affiliates

Distant Fantasies Total Drama Website - The Best Role-Play Sites