* Welcome

Hello and welcome to Seiryuu!

Seiryuu is an RPG resource, directory and discussion forum focused on coding and development for RPGs running on SimpleMachines Forum software.  Our directory is not limited (please feel free to link anything you'd like!), but if you're looking for fancy skins and RP-specific mods for SMF, this is the place for you.

How do you treat NPCs?

• Hitpoints.org

• Prolific Member
  • Roleplay Addict
  • Stand up, fight back the world it's yours
  • 175 posts
How do you treat NPCs?
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:58:16 pm »
I love, love, love NPCs and often utilize them in my roleplays, whether I'm running them or I'm a member. Often times, NPCs will be friends, family, and co-workers with bit parts to play but I usually begin to fall in love with the NPC and they get their own plot and soon their own account. I'd say roughly half (maybe more) of my current characters actually started out as an NPC and some of them have become some of my primarily played/main characters!

For me, I do sometimes create accounts for NPCs who are used more often than others and who may develop their own plots. Sometimes, they don't do much and just sit until they're needed and other times, they take on a whole new lift and big plot for themselves. It's definitely an interesting process.

How do you deal with NPCs on your forum? What do you think of NPCs? Do you like them?

• Before the Mast

• Prolific Member
  • A seadog looking for crewmates
  • 176 posts
Re: How do you treat NPCs?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:34:13 am »
I love NPCs. They have a joint account that anyone can post in, and they are used a lot on my site. I wish other people would write for them more though. Sometimes it gets tiresome to write 6 posts in the same thread by myself. They have sometimes their own plots, most times they are in common plots or other characters'.

||Tumblr|| Pinterest|| Facebook||Youtube||
Recommending:

Tags: NPCs 

* Plugboard

* Links and Affiliates

Distant Fantasies Total Drama Website - The Best Role-Play Sites